Thursday, April 14, 2016

Why I Teach


It's getting close to crunch time (state testing) and I, like so many others are stressed. In addition to making sure the students are equipped for greatness, there is misbehavior (kids and adults), balancing work and home, and incessant crying (again, kids and adults.) 
Alls I know is that my Bible is working overtime over here....


I had a student ask me this week, "Ms. Benson, if teaching is such a hard job, why do you do it?"



I told her that my prayer is that if I can't reach all of them, that I can reach some of them.


But I am greedy. I want to save them all. Bring up the ones that are lagging behind, teach them about being kind even when others are mean, and don't ever, EVER settle for being mediocre. 


Now let me be clear, I ain't no saint. I get frustrated, I give them the good ole teacher evil eye, and I may or may not be known for having a student shed a tear or two. 
(Tell them you're disappointed, they hate that.)

Tee shirt: Niki's Groove
(I did not have the most pleasant experience with her but I love the shirt. 
She is very talented but not timely in responding to inquiries.)
Jeans: H&M
Belt: Thrifted

But when the alternative is videos like THIS one (NSFW), 
I remember why I get up and go there every day.


                                           And if they don't have anyone else rooting for them, I will. 


"Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. 
Then get back to work." ~Ralph Marston





10 comments:

Law_Fal said...

Love this!

High Heels & Good Meals! said...

Amen honey! As a fellow educator, I understood and can relate to every single word in this post. Love the tee!

Anonymous said...

Love it! You look gorgeous

Kerissa said...

I held on to that feeling until the last bit of it was drained from me. We NEED to catch up!

Kerissa said...

I held on to that feeling until the last bit of it was drained from me. We NEED to catch up!

Unknown said...

Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks

raul holder said...


Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks

GlassesShop said...

love your blog

hellen said...

you are so lovely

Aslam said...

Thanks for the inspired use of both new image sets, and that sentiment stamp is a must have. Your cards are wonderful; first time on your blog, but I'll be back!!

Modern African clothing

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin